Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New projects I'm working on. Thanks for the Gift Certificate...I bought this fabric with it.

I have to admit I hate following someone Else's instructions when I make quilts.
I want to express myself as I create something.
So here's the latest I've been working on.
Random squares...it's not as easy as you may think.
Even after laying them out and re-arranging to where I thought I liked it...
now that the top is completed and a photo taken I should have done a few things differently.
See the last photo on this post.
If you want to do this I suggest having the fabrics pretty close to the sewing machine and using numbers to label each row. I pin one label onto the first square in each row and one onto the table to remind me which order the rows go. It saves time from only taking one small portion at a time and sewing, pressing and returning it to the table.
I am now in the process of random triangles.
This one is more of a challenge than the squares, but I feel it will be so worth it.


These two quilt tops are done.
I see now that in the random squares I should not have let any of the dark fabrics touch the border. If I had contained them inside the lighter colors it would have been better.
Pictures are such an eye opener!
GO DIGITAL!!